Looking for the most up to date COVID guidelines from Hopkins? Please visit the COVID-19 Safety Guidance and Care at Johns Hopkins Medicine webpage.
If you have a COVID-19 security concern regarding on-campus activity please contact campus security via the security hotline 844-SPEAK2US (844-773-2528) or the LiveSafe app.
To continue to protect the health and safety of our patients, our workforce and the communities we serve, the Johns Hopkins Health System will require all personnel to be fully vaccinated. The Health System's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement applies to all Johns Hopkins Health System employees and School of Medicine faculty, staff, residents and postdoctoral fellows working in clinical departments.
And, please, remember to treat yourself and others with kindness during this stressful time.
1. Coronavirus Information
- CDC COVID Information
- Hub COVID-19 information page: Information on Johns Hopkins University Operations
- Hopkins COVID Information
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: How is Hopkins contributing to the global COVID-19 Response?
- Maryland Department of Health COVID Information
- WHO COVID Information
2. Educational & Research
- Animal Research Information: Link to Research Animal Resources News and Alerts as well as return to animal research guides.
- JHU Graduate Student Website (New): Consolidated information about university-wide and school-specific resources relevant to graduate students
- SOM-specific graduate student COVID-19 website: Information specific to us (SOM grad students)
- JHU LifeSafe App
- JHU Research Administration Coronavirus Website: Graduate student research information
- Mistreatment Resources for SOM
- OIE Website: Office of Institutional Equity
- OIS Website: Office of International Services
- Remote Access: general advice to remotely access resources at Johns Hopkins
- Safe at Hopkins: Reporting for unethical or illegal acts, can report about Covid-19 Safety concerns
- SPEAK2US: Hotline (on online form) for discrimination, bias, and other issues.
- Student Disability Services
- Thesis Defense Google Form: fill out to register your own remote Thesis Defense.
- VPN connection
- Zoom Web conferencing for JHU Students
3. Mental & Emotional Health
- UHS Mental Health
- Anxiety and the News: article from Sheppard Pratt
- Calm: Mindfulness meditation app that includes soothing sounds and peaceful pictures, along with guided meditation and sleep stories (free premium access for JHU users)
- Coping with COVID Webinar Series
- Destress Monday: An online initiative providing information and reminders to support a positive start to the week and reduce stress overall.
- JED Foundation is a non-profit that focuses on emotional health and suicide prevention for young adults. See their page on managing mental health during COVID-19 and their recorded webinar entitled Resilience, Coping and Parenting Strategies during Uniquely Challenging Times.
- JHSAP (Johns Hopkins Student Assistance Program): Mental and emotional support
- JHU Counseling Center Workshops: Offered through the Homewood Counseling Center. Topics include mindful living, stress management skills, and wellness workshops
- JHU & TimelyMD Mental TeleHealth Counseling: TalkNow and Scheduled Counseling services available free to JHU learners
- Managing and understanding mental health concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic: HUB article by Dr. Dani Fallin, a mental health expert from BSPH
- Managing your Dimensions of Health in Stress and Uncertainty Recording: by SAHMSA public health advisor (and JHSPH alum) Brandon Johnson. Access password: J3$2R53v
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Psychology Today
- SilverCloud: Online, confidential mental health resource that offers 24/7 access to interactive learning modules that teach cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques (free to full-time students & trainees)
4. Physical Health
- Coronavirus Symptoms: If you experience symptoms, please STAY HOME and CALL the UHS main line 410-955-3250 BEFORE going in person.
- UHS (University Health Services): Emotional and physical health
- UHS Wellness Feedback Form: For any ideas or feedback about how the wellness office can serve you at this time
- UHS Wellness Resources Pages
- Cooley Fitness Center & UHS Free Virtual Classes
- Ralph O'Connor Recreational Center: Homewood Campus gym
- Fitness Blender: Hundreds of free workout videos for any fitness level
- Free Online Exercise Offers
- Healthy Recipes from Johns Hopkins Medicine
- JHSOM Getting Help Page: Contact information for JHSAP & UHS and other resources
- Lifetime Fitness Video Workouts
- Merritt Club Virtual Programming
- Nike Training Club: Monthly fee for its premium service has been waived indefinitely, and grants access to more than 185 free workouts (yoga, cardio and more) which last from 15 to 45 minutes, as well as targeted running training programs, nutrition and wellness guidance.
- Social Distancing & Self Quarantine Information
- Yoga Journal
- 5-minute office chair yoga
5. Virtual Travel
- Earth Cam
- Explore Live Cams
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- National Aquarium Live Cams
- Smithsonian live zoo-cams
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Virtual School Activities: A collection of sites to live webcams, virtual tours/trips, and other miscellaneous fun educational sites
- Virtual Tours National Parks
- Accessibility at JHU
- Blue Jay Shuttle Adjusted Schedules
- Dining at a Distance: Find out what restaurants are offering take-out, curbside pickup, or delivery. (And support your local restaurants!)
- Financial resources: from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Greater Good Magazine: published by UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center
- JHMI Security Tip Line
- HR Coping with COVID Webinar Series: Through webinars on various topics, we hope to provide tips, tricks, and techniques to help you cope better with COVID. (ex: working from home while parenting, strategies for stress relief, budgeting, etc.)
- Luminosity: A brain training program that uses fun games to help keep your mind sharp
- MySupport: Access child and elder care options for Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM) faculty and staff members, trainees and students through
- Parking Information & Updates
- PDCO Website: Professional Development Resources
- Stand by Baltimore: You can help support your favorite Baltimore businesses by purchasing gift cards from local businesses that you love